Thursday, February 12, 2009

School(And all the other stuff that I "should" have written)

Ok, I haven't posted anything for a long long time, my bad. I've just been lazy, and haven't really wanted to take the time to post stuff. So now I have tons of stuff that I have to write about to fill in the blank.
1.Back to Taiwan
After half a year of easy life, running around, visiting people on both coasts of the US, and basically just enjoying my life, I've returned to Taiwan. I kinda have mixed feelings about this, like, I miss a lot about Taiwan, friends, church, a convenient store on every corner..... That kind of stuff. But returning also means leaving the easy lifestyle(especially the school part) behind and getting into the heavy workload of Taiwanese high schools. Fortunately, it's not for me to choose, so I'm back here.
2.Jianguo Senior High School
For those who don't know, Jianguo High School is the top boys' high school in Taiwan, accepting only the top like half percent of the students participating in the high school entrance exam, so naturally it's known for it's academic excellence. Somehow, I got in. So I started school there yesterday, since I missed a whole semester. The other it's known for is it's relative freedom in the sense of students' rights compared to other high schools in Taiwan. It's quite a good school in a lot of ways, and I'm happy that I'm in it. I guess I still like it since all the heavy workload hasn't caught up "yet". And I went to the school's fellowship today, two of the guys in my same year at church go to it, too. I enjoyed it quite a lot and think that I'll be returning next Monday.

That's about it.

No comments: