Thursday, October 23, 2008

Books I've been reading recently

Just a list of some of the books I've been reading recently.

Kite Runner: I won't say much about it, half of the people I know have already read it. It's a good book, that's all I'll say, it isn't one of my favorite books and I'm only reading it for my English class, haven't finished it yet.

Children of Hurin: A great book, if you are a The Lord of The Rings addict that is. I love it, but I don't recommend reading it unless you've read LOTR+The Unfinished Tales+The Silmarillion+a dozen other books related to them. It talks about the "child of Hurin", Turin,his life is epic but also quite tragical. A must read for all who like LOTR.

Nineteen Minutes: A book that is a worthy read. Its author is Jodi Picoult, who's a great writer, her books have great depth and are definitely worth reading. It's a tragic story with a tragic ending, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a great book. It talks about a teen who in nineteen minutes, kills 10 of his schoolmates and wounds 19 of them in a school shooting, it goes on to talk about the problem of bullying in schools, family problems, and teen problems, it's a great book that gives you a lot to think about.

The Black Jewels Series: Great reads!!!! The books in the series are great. I admit, the stories are dark, nasty, and violent, but they're also fascinating, absorbing and great reads. I haven't finished the books yet,I've only read the first two, but I'm already hooked by the story. Just read it, it's GREAT!

1 comment:

twigs and twine events said...

Hello Jesse!

It's Chungchung. Just learned that you guys have these blogs here and I will definitely be back to check them out very so often. You better work on some new posts..

Btw, I very much enjoyed nineteen mins as well. The stir after reading had lingered for awhile..

Will see you guys soon! Say hi to everybody for me.