Friday, October 10, 2008

Rochester

I've just arrived at Rochester,NY this evening.
Rochester is the place where I went to kindergarten when I was 5, we arrived there after a lengthy drive from Toronto which included a 70+ km detour. This time we're here for two reasons, my mom is attending a 40th anniversary of the family medicine department of University of Rochester where she did her internship ten years ago, and secondly, we're going to go to a wedding of someone from our church back at Taipei.
Tonight, we went to a friends home for dinner, my mom and their mom have known each other for ten years. There are two people my age in the family, Taylor and Dylan, brother and sister, 16 and 13, I used to go to the same kindergarten as Taylor when I was here, so we go way back, but I haven't seen them for like 8 years, they haven't changed a lot, I would be able to recognise all of them except Dylan, whom I didn't have much of an impression in the first place.We ate Lasagna, bread, and salad, I played table-tennis with Taylor, Dylan played with my sister, the grownups talked and everyone generally had a good evening.

No comments: