Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dec. 30( Guggenheim Museum, The Met)

Since we slept late on the 29th, everyone slept late and we left late. We got to the Guggenheim Museum at just after noon, and "evaded" another long line because we had the "City Pass". I don't know about the artwork inside , but the building is really something, Frank Lloyd Wright was the designer. I've heard of it before and the architecture really isn't something to miss.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art was, as almost everyplace we've been to, crowded. I guess I'll have to come at least another time, the Met isn't something you can finish in a day, don't even think of it. The museum is huge, I guess it really lives up to it's name, they have a huge collection of artwork and even someone who isn't into art, like me, can recognize the value of a museum like this. They have a great collection of Egyptian artifacts including a small Egyptian temple. I've already talked about how I'm "mildly" interested, you can guess that I took a lot of pictures.

For dinner, we met up with my cousin who's working in the fashion industry here in NYC. She came with her boyfriend and we ate at a "pricey" restaurant (An average of 20+ USD). It tasted well and cost a lot.

No comments: