Sunday, December 7, 2008

University of Waterloo& Weather& Random stuff

Last Friday, my family went to the University of Waterloo. It's a pleasant school, and since it isn't located in a big city, it has a bigger campus, which makes it "feel more like a university"(That's what my mom said), although it is quite cold, even compared to Toronto. I went on a general campus tour and an engineering tour (software engineering). I'm mainly interested in computer science, which at Waterloo is in the Math Department. I think I'm interested in it because it's "computer" and "science", LOL, just kidding, I'm interested in it because I think I'd like to have a career related to it and because......I like it. We went to Waterloo because it is considered No.1 in computer science in Canada, and since it's near, we decided to visit. I am actually considering taking my undergrad studies outside of Taiwan, there are, naturally, some reasons. Some of the reasons are because A LOT of the schools outside of Taiwan offer better Computer Science programs than those in Taiwan, and I can also skip the university entrance exam in Taiwan, YEAH!!! And since the tuition in Canada is much more affordable than that in the state, it's possible that I'll pursue my university education here.

The weather here is beginning to become quite terrible, it's started to be freezing cold; literally, it was as low as -10 today. Walking outside is becoming more and more unbearable, so I'm thankful that I won't have to last through the whole winter here.

I bought two books last Thursday when we went to Costco, they're "The Appeal" by John Grisham and "Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult, both are great writers and I look forward to reading them, but they'll have to wait, for a reason......... No, I'm not that hardworking, it's not because I have to study more, though I do, it's because I'm gonna read the books borrowed from the library here, since I can read the two books later and not the library books. I still have like 5+ books at home that I haven't read yet and a few that I hope I can get and finish before I leave Canada.

OK, I guess I've made up for not writing for a long time, or maybe not, anyways we'll be at New York from the 28th to the 3 of January (New Years Eve!!! Time Square!!!), after that we'll go visit my uncle at LA on the 7th and leave for Taiwan on the 20th, arriving home on the 21st, thus ending the half year "trip" to Canada.

No comments: