Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Trip

I went on a three day trip to Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec with family& friends. It was fine, I guess, as long as my little sister and her "friend" turn down the volume of their talking and so on. It was a lot colder there than here in Toronto, about 10 degrees colder, but it's still bearable. Anyways, we went to a few places and some of them were quite cool, in Ottawa, we made a stop at the Canadian Parliament and then we went to the Canadian Museum of Civilization, which I admit doesn't sound too cool, and its normal exhibits only strengthen that, but then, there was a special exhibit that is cool, as long as you like ancient Egypt and don't freak out when you see mummies. There was an exhibit, "Tombs of Eternity: The Afterlife in Ancient Egypt", and since I'm "mildly" interested in Egyptology, which must have something to do with my uncle who, I believe, has a PhD in Egyptology, I loved it, it's not like you can see a real mummy every day.
Later we went to a catholic church, a big one, Saint Joseph's Oratory, at Montreal. And I have to admit, disregarding the problems in their theology; Catholics really know how to build a church.
Then, we went to the Olympic Tower, which wasn't a lot. The Biodome was better, there were all kinds of different animals in it, and it was.....just cool I guess.
Then there's old Quebec City, which was fine, I wasn't in a good mood then, it was way too cold for my liking. The next day, yesterday, we came back, passing through Kingston on the way.
Please forgive me if it wasn't a very interesting entry, I don't really know what to put in.

I'm really looking forward to the trip to NYC, I haven't really been there before and I..... Guess I just look forward to it.

Photos from the three day trip

No comments: